Monday, January 13, 2014

Intuition is recognition - get better at observing

Albert Einstein once noted “intuition is nothing but the outcome of earlier intellectual experience”. In a similar vein, the American psychologist Herbert A. Simon (a fellow Nobel Laureate) stated that intuition was “nothing more and nothing less than recognition”.

I want to be a better investor in the new year, so I am going to have to get better at observing. I could say that I want to have better intuition but that does not say anything about how I am going to get better. The work is in the process. I have to not just see more but observe better. There is a lot of financial information available and the work of good intuition is to see the important data and eliminate what is not needed.  

It all comes down to attention.

No comments: